macchina.io Remote Manager delivers secure IoT edge device remote access and management via web, apps, shell (SSH) and remote desktop (VNC, RDP). No worries about insecure port forwarding, scarce public IPv4 addresses, or complex and inflexible VPNs.
We are happy to announce the latest release of macchina.io Remote Manager, release 2.8.0. This release brings a number of improvements:
- Logging: Include the port number in the server’s error message if opening a connection through the tunnel fails.
- Customization: It’s now possible to include custom HTML in the web pages rendered by the server. This is enabled by adding a property named
bundle.propertiesfile in the extension bundle. The content of this property will be included in server-generated HTML pages before the closing
- Error pages (device not connected, connection refused, etc.) now show additional information hinting at the cause of the problem.
- Email Notifications: It’s now possible to set a custom email footer/signature in the configuration file, using the
- New HTTP endpoint providing tenant information. Sending a GET request to
/my-devices/tenant.jsonwill return JSON with information about the current user’s tenant. A valid session cookie must be sent with the GET request. Example:
"name": "Sample Tenant",
- Upgraded bundled HAProxy to release 2.4.2. This may require some changes to an existing HAProxy configuration file (
haproxy.cfg) when upgrading to the new version. Specifically,
reqaddmust be replaced with
- Upgraded internal frameworks.
New installer packages, Docker images and AMIs are already available at the usual places.
Want to try out Remote Manager? Sign up for a free account at our demo server.